Monday, September 06, 2010

The Beavers Running Game Isn't Dead Yet

Jaquizz Rodgers
While watching the TCU game I felt that the coaches should've run the ball more often because it seemed like we were getting good yardage.  I know mixing it up is good, but I like to see runs on 1st or 2nd down when he's rolling regardless.

A quick look at the drive charts in the second half showed:

3rd Q

4th Q

 Its not a big sample size, but I think we were wearing their defense down.  I think he would have excelled on that last drive and would have been key.  In fact, instead of a pass play I think the first play should have been run.  We had 4 minutes left so there was plenty of time.

Anyways, I think the running game will be fine.  The key is just getting Jaquizz the touches he needs to be successful and do his thing. 


Go Beavs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Per Mike Riley, they were going to run a draw before the botched snap.

Jason P said...

I'd say that's a good thing.

It was a learning experience all around. Probably better to get that out of the way now than during the Pac-10 season.

On to Louisville!

 
Clicky Web Analytics