We've seen this script before. In the past I think the situation has been much more dire. After getting blown out 40-something to 14 nothing appears to have gone right. Sure, the score could've been much worse. But that it wasn't is a good sign. These guys aren't giving up.
Some food for thought:
* The coaches have proven they can improve the team from these kinds of games fairly quickly.
* Katz is already ahead of other first time QBs we have experienced in recent years.
* There is a lot of young talent on this team.
* The older guys are solid leaders.
* They coaching staff and players never get too high or low. Some people think this is a liability. I think its key in these kinds of situations.
I remember years past where we were complaining about the LBs being slow or the O-Line not run blocking. The coaches generally got the kids coached up for the Pac-10 and changed things to open things up (fly sweep, wildcat, etc). I wasn't that impressed with the Pac-10 teams I saw over the weekend.
So don't be too hard on the kids and coaches after this loss and root them on against Louisville for a big win. Then maybe, just maybe we can pull off something amazing at Boise St. I mean, it has to happen eventually, right?