Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2007 Season

I keep wanting to sit down and hammer out a season prediction, but haven't yet. Besides me being lazy, I honestly don't know how this season will end up. I agree with Kevin Hampton at the G-T: Its anyone's guess.

We will know a lot more after Utah, but I have a feeling that it could be another wild season. I think the standard for this season is 7-5. If its a good season, we'll be better than that. If we play bad, it could be worse.

The Good:

* The Defense. Our defense should be top notch this year with nearly everyone coming back and most of our depth still intact. Pressure the QB and stop the run will be our M.O. If we have a great season this year, it will be because our defense was dominating.

* The O Line. This is the strength of our offense. If you are going to have a strength, this is a good place to start. We should be able to keep the ball moving because of these guys.

* Running Back. Yvenson Bernard will probably be our 2nd or 3rd best receiver this year in addition to rushing for 1300 yards. Think 2005 when Joe Newton was out.


The Question Marks:

* The QB. The old saying is, if you have 2 QBs you don't have any. I'm a believer in that saying until proven otherwise. However, I think they both are good enough that we will be able to move the ball through the air.

* Special Teams. I think we'll be pretty good on special teams, but we scored a lot of points off special teams last season. Losing Sammy, Coye, and Loomis are HUGE blows. We will have to be that much better in all other phases of the game.

* The secondary. Without Sabby, will the secondary regress back to 2005? Well, I think the front 7 had more to do with the secondary improvement than Sabby. And they are all back. Pressure the QB and the secondary will be fine. Plus, I think Drayton will be good. Real good.


Final prediction? Ug. I'll say 8-4. The QBs get it together just in time to start the Pac-10 season off right. We beat either UCLA, Cal, or ASU early and sweep through the preseason schedule to start 6-2 going into USC. We go even the rest of the way and go to another bowl game.

Go Beavs against Utah!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics