Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sammie Stroughter Releases Statement

Sammie Stroughter has released a statement through OSU:

Stroughter releases statement ... Riley comments - OregonLive.com: Behind The Beavers Beat

"On behalf of the family, I would like to take this time to release a brief statement regarding recent practices missed prior to the official start of the season. During the past year my family and I have experienced a considerable amount of grief and mourning due to the passing of two family members who were important male role models in my life. In addition to these losses, Coach Jim Gilstrap, who recruited me to OSU, passed away this summer.

"These losses have taken my entire family by storm and the grief from these incidents has affected each one of us differently. It has been the decision of my immediate family and I that I take whatever time needed to get over what I am personally experiencing due to the sudden changes in my life. Academics and football are very important to me and I appreciate all of the support I've received from the entire OSU coaching staff, teammates, faculty and the loyal supporters of Oregon State football.

"Also, I would like to extend my prayers and support to the Gilstrap family. My football career would not have been possible without Coach Gilstrap's help and guidance.

"As you may know, my walk with Christ is strong; I know that he will get my family and I through this difficult season. 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' ( Phil 4:16.)"

My guess is that he will Redshirt this season and can come back this year or next if he stays in school.

Beaver Nation is with you Sammie. Wish you the best.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

This answers one of my questions...but what about the big one?

Whatever is happening, how do you think it will impact his career at the next level? I thought that he might get drafted in the late rounds in the up coming draft but after this episode, I am not sure if any teams will take a gamble on him.

Kelley said...

Seems like he was at practice yesterday. Not sure what he has planned for this upcoming season.

GO BEAVS!

OSU 33 - Utah 14

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it he is transferring to ASU this winter. His family has been contacted by Erickson.






Jus kiddin' mon. But he could go straight to the NFL as a returner.

Jason P said...

Yea, I just saw that he was at practice Saturday. Hopefully that's good news.

It would help his NFL stock to get in camp and play well this year. Otherwise teams will have questions.

 
Clicky Web Analytics