Monday, December 12, 2005

OSU Men's Basketball: Another road loss

I missed most of the Portland game last night, but I did see the end of the game. Too bad that's the only part of the game I saw. Portland was hitting every 3 it took and OSU was missing everything they took. Unfortunately, they weren't even taking good shots. They best thing they did was drive and get fouled because I don't think they got a good look in the last 8 minutes.

Here's the problem. They lack a go-to guy. They don't have a #1 scorer. No David Lucas. No Steve Johnson. Not even a Corey Benjamin. They don't have anyone that want the ball down the stretch. Stephens used to be able to be that guy a couple of years ago. I think Marcel Jones could be that guy. But maybe not this year. Cuic has gotten much more aggressive down low, which I like, but he's not hitting shots.

It should be an interesting season. I'm interested to see how Jay John works with this group of guys.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics