Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coach Robinson has me Beaver Believing

The Beavers first game of the Pac-10 tournament is tonight at 6pm on FSN. They have a chance to beat Stanford for the 3rd time this season. Wow. Think about that. Actually, just think about the crazy last few months since the season started.

I'll take you through my personal journey:

Season starts: Curious about the team, but since no major roster changes were made not very optimistic about their prospects. Would they win a Pac-10 game?

Mid-November: Beavers lose to Howard in D.C. 47-45. I caught the last 5 minutes or so on the radio and the Beavs sounded like they couldn't have gotten to "O" in a game of HORSE if they were playing some Junior High kids. At this point I almost wrote the team off.


End of November:
Vaguely remember them losing to bad teams (Yale and Montana St.), not feeling good about the team.

End-December: OK, so maybe all they needed was Calvin Haynes. They are much better in December, but of course who did they play?

Jan. 2nd: Ouch. Killed by UCLA. This is going to be a looooong season.

Jan. 4th: WooHoo! We won a Pac-10 game!

Mid-Jan: Hmm, playing better but still no wins really to show for it. But the team is clearly improving. Cautiously optimistic. Trying to figure out what is going on.

End-Jan: What just happened? A four game win streak including a win over the Ducks! Awesome! Go Beavs! I was at the Civil War and I'm getting excited about Beaver Hoops now.

End-Feb: Three more wins! Top 25 Recruiting class! Robinson should be Coach of the Year! Maybe we can make the NIT!

Today: Three more losses and my enthusiasm for this season has tempered a bit. But now I'm looking forward to next year. I'm very excited. I haven't cared about Beaver hoops this much in 2 or 3 years!


I have an a card carrying Beaver Hoops supporter now. Have you drunk the kool-aid?

Go Beavs! Beat Stanford!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics