Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beavs Beat Cal, Keep Dream Alive

Great game, great win.

The Beavs are finding ways to win through defense and now special teams. What an awesome kickoff return for James Rodgers. He was so fast that he was 20 yards ahead of everyone at the end! That kicker looked like he was standing still.

Great game Defense. Great game Quizz (again). Great game fans. We were loud. As loud or louder than USC. I love the new "hua!" at the end of the first down song. Man, the Civil War is gonna be crazy! I really hope we beat U of A so that game is for all the marbles!.

Couple of post-game thoughts:

* Johnny Hekker is growing up fast and looks like he's gonna be a good one.

* Moevao looked a bit rusty, but he looks like he can make the throws now and he should get his rhythm back soon.

* Sammy was huge! I loved the "Sam-my!" chant for each punt return.

* I knew Kevin Riley was screwed at the end after he threw the interception that didn't count (false start). But to get the exact same result on the net play? Whoa!

* Finally the fly sweep started working again. That was sweet.

* The blocking was huge! Especially loved those upfield blocks from receivers and running backs even.

* I taped and re-watched the game. I think that announcer said RB about 52 times.


Another HUGE game next week. I think there's going to be a lot of Beavs there. Come on Beavs!!!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics