Saturday, May 19, 2007

OSU Baseball -- hard to listen to?

This is not quite what you think. Sure, the Beavs aren't playing great lately but at least they keep it close and you still feel like there's hope. No, this is about Mike Parker.

I like Mike and I think he's a good announcer. But does anyone feel like Mike is about to slit his wrists on the radio if the Beavs hit into one more double-play? OK, that's over the top but he's getting me even more depressed than just the Beavs losing would do. Unfortunately, it's starting to affect my listening experience. I know instantly whether the Beavs are winning or losing just by his tone of voice. Or at least if they are playing well or not.

On a different note, the Beavs definitely need a slumpbuster to get the bats going. The pitching is not the problem the last two games. Hopefully Reyes can pitch well and their Sunday guy isn't very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about Parker, half the time I want to ask the guy if he is even a Beaver fan. I think an announcer ought to have a bit of a bias and always look to the positive of the team he is announcing for. Go Beav's one more W and it is on to Nashville.

I found your blog off of a blog in Bend about some idiot Cali's bashing the education system here in Oregon. One thing I'll say if people don't like it here or if where they came from is so much better then Oregon then there's the door.

Jason P said...

He's been better through this regional, but still if I have to hear him complain about squandering opportunities one more time...

I swear after we scored 3 runs in the 8th last night to take the lead he was about to go into the lost opportunity thing again for leaving guys on base. Jeez, give the guys a break!

Go Beavers!

 
Clicky Web Analytics