Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's Tournament Time!

Its time to finalize those brackets. March Madness is almost upon us. How nice would it be if our team actually participated. One can only dream. It's probably a little late, but if you need some help filling out those brackets try this:

Pure LRMC Rankings

Now about the Pac-10.

I just saw the Oregon basketball team heading out of the Eugene airport as I was heading back from a conference. And that got me thinking about whether I could actually root for the Ducks this year. Hmm. How about the Pac-10 this year huh?

The Pac-10 has significantly raised its profile over the last year. Starting with UCLA's run last year and continuing with the surprise seasons of Oregon and WSU, people believe in the Pac-10 now. Sure, the media was jumping on the bandwagon mid-season, but the real proof is in the tournament selection committee. I don't remember a season with this many high seeds (or teams) in the NCAA tournament, ever.

#2 - UCLA
#3 - WSU
#3 - Oregon
#5 - USC
#8 - Arizona
#11 - Stanford

When OSU was making it to the NCAA tournament I don't remember us getting higher than a 5 or 6 seed. And that's when we placed second in the Pac-10! Now both Wazzu and Oregon get 3 seeds?! Add UCLA and USC and WOW. Back to the Ducks, anyone else having a hard time picking Oregon in their brackets? I mean as a 3 seed you have to at least pick them to win one game. But what about the sweet 16? Elite 8? Man, does that hurt. I've got them getting to the final 16, but no further.

Really, I do want the Pac-10 to do well because it will conitinue to raise the profile of the league and maybe we can get a #3 seed...someday.

Good luck everyone, happy March Madness!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics