Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Oregon State football latest verbals: Alex Fa’agai and James Dockery

The Beavers received another set of verbal commitments last week from a big defensive lineman and a wide receiver.

DL/DE Alex Fa'agai will be a JC transfer from Foothill College who will have 3 years of eligibility left. Looks like he is a stud just based on the stats he compiled during his 7 games this season. 10 sacks and 50 tackles?! Nice. Riley is really upgrading the defensive line for next year. I'm starting to get excited about next season already.

WR/S James Dockery from Palm Desert High School is a fast kid who looks like he may have some great potential. He runs a 4.5 40 and is good sized at around 6'2". 60 catches for 1,088 yards in his Junior year and looks well on his way in his senior year. He also plays safety and had a ton of tackles and a few Interceptions from that position.


Alex Fa'agai

Scout.com Profile

Had 10 sacks and appx. 50 tackles in seven games from DE/DT spots before injury in Week Seven. Has 3 years to play 2. On pace to graduate winter quarter, be eligible to enroll at Div-IA school in January and participate in spring ball.
Gazette Times Notes
The Beavers continue to pile on the verbal commitments. They received their 15th last week from Alex FaÂ’agai of Los Altos, Calif, according to several recruiting Web sites.

HeÂ’s a 6-foot-3, 265-pound defensive lineman who runs a 4.8-second 40-yard dash. FaÂ’agai plays for Foothill College and will be a junior in the fall with three years of eligibility left.
High School Honors


James Dockery

Scout.com Profile

Old Scout.com Article on James
During his junior year, Dockery had 60 catches for 1,088 yards and 13 touchdowns and added 79 tackles and 7 interceptions on defense.

Academically, he said he was in solid shape with his GPA and he scored a 1500 on the SAT.
Palm Desert's Dockery decides on Oregon St.

"I'm Oregon State all the way," Dockery said. "They believe in me and can't wait to get me up to the program and get me on a ritual. They told me I can have my choice if I want to be a redshirt freshman or maybe play special teams. Who knows? If I work hard enough in the offseason, maybe I can take somebody's spot."
Game Article with many mentions of James: Palm Desert rallies past La Quinta for perfect ending
Our big guy came up with big plays - and that's Dockery," Blackburn said.

Dockery caught a 33-yard pass to set up the eventual game-winning touchdown and then thwarted a La Quinta rally with an interception in the final four minutes to lift Division VIII No. 1 Palm Desert to a 24-21 victory that capped the first perfect regular season (10-0, 5-0) in school history and clinched an outright DVL championship. The Aztecs last won the DVL title in 1996.

"My coach tells me playmakers make plays and that's what I try to do," Dockery said. "I know I have a target on my chest with all the extra accolades I get, so I have to go out there and show I'm worthy."
Game Article with photo

2005 Stats



Full OSU recruit list from CSTV.com

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics