Monday, October 10, 2005

Wild Weekend of College Football

The Beavers bye week came on a perfect weekend to enjoy college football around the country. While helping to build a deck I got to see/listen to bits and pieces of about 7 games. Of those 4 came down to the last drive for one team to either get a TD or a stop to win. Man, great weekend of college football. Except of course when the Ducks won.

Texas vs. Oklahoma
OK, it's official. OU has fallen. Didn't get to see much of this game but Texas seemed to dominate pretty much all game.

Wisconsin at Northwestern
Only saw the end of this one but man was this a fun game. I always root for Northwestern because they are a lot like OSU. They had a long streak of losing season and got out. Now they seem to still be pretty good. Middle of the Big Ten every year.

Minnesota at Michigan
Michigan fan has had a tough season. They had better start winning soon or else they might take a serious step backwards. Not sure what happened because they looked pretty good in the pre-season. Minnesota is no slouch either. But at the end of this game it seemed like neither team wanted to win the dang game. Until the Gophers busted out that long run I felt like it was a lock to go to OT.

Arizona at USC
I was surprised at Arizona's offense. Or maybe it was USC's pass defense. The Trojans were never really in a threat to lose the game, but letting Arizona stay in the game for so long doesn't help their rep much. I'll still vote them #1 though because their offense is just too good. Hopefully Reggie Bush isn't hurt too bad because it would be sad to not be able to see him play the rest of the season.

Texas Tech at Nebraska
Poor, poor Nebraska. That D-lineman that got the INT, then fumbled? Ouch. I thought Tech was good in this game, but I don't know if they're better than say #15 yet. I'll see when I take a look at the poll.

Cal at UCLA
This was the big game to watch for us Beaver fans. The next two opponents playing each other. Let me just say that our run defense better come ready to play. Marshawn Lynch is the MAN. He is just running over people and getting yards on sheer will and strength at times. He scares me. Maurice Drew is a little less scary but he is so quick it's unbelievable. He makes some defenders look like they are standing still. Yikes. I'm not convinced on Joe Ayoob. He still seems like his accuracy is a bit bad. I know Ken Goe loves this guy, but I don't see it yet. He looks average at best. Matt Moore looks better from what I've seen. I'm not sure we can beat either of these teams. But it will all come down to defense. If our D comes to play we could beat either team. But since our D hasn't shown up for a whole game yet this season, I just hope we keep it close and competitive and give ourselves a chance. Maybe pull off a Northwestern style upset.

Oregon at ASU
Man. I wanted ASU to pound the Ducks like they did us. It looked like it was going to happen in the first quarter. But then ASU tanked it and the Ducks took advantage. Now the Ducks will crack my top-25 I guess.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics