Tuesday, September 23, 2008

USC Game - Not A Sell-Out?!

This is hard for me to fathom:

Beavers fans ready for big-game atmosphere - Gazette-Times

There are still about 4,000 general admission tickets left to purchase for the game. They are the $75 variety. All the club seats are sold out.

So the students line up around the block to pick up tickets, but Beaver Nation has left 4000 gen admin tickets on the table? For USC? The #1 team in the nation?

I guess there are more pessimists in Beaver Nation than I thought. Who cares if we lose big. We're expected to as evidenced by the 25 point spread. But would you want to miss beating a #1 for the second time ever? Or how about having a home winning streak against SC?

Come on people. Get your butts in the stands and watch this game!


Go Beavs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to more games (would have LOVED to have been there last night, obviously), but I can't afford a $75 game ticket, plus the cost of gas (about $80 for me, to Corvallis and back), plus the cost of a motel.

Frankly, I'd enjoy it if the school would charge a bit less for tickets, or at least did so for worse seats. I'm sorry, but the seats in the "nosebleed" section (if you can call it that) shouldn't be the same price as the 50-yard-line seats 15 rows up.

Heck, make it so that if tickets aren't sold, say, 3 hours before a game, split half of those tickets up and give them to students. I'd rather have a couple thousand tickets given away to people who will be passionate about the team, than see all of those seats be empty.

Jason P said...

Yea, I understand. I think the reason they raise the ticket prices is because USC travels well and they are a big draw.

I'm up for letting the students have more tickets a few hours before the game. Let's fill up Reser!

 
Clicky Web Analytics