Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Weekend Review

I'm not going to spend much time on the USC game other than to say that not having Yvenson made a much bigger impact than I thought it would. Not just in blocking the pass rush or running the ball, but in the play calling. No more short screen passes to keep the D honest. Less running plays called. And without a screen passing game or much of a running game, this year's team is screwed. The QBs just aren't at the level of where they can carry the game. And USC brought it.

The injuries are the biggest bummer of the game. Dorian Smith will be bad, but we have some depth there. The biggie will be the QB situation. It's official that Canfield is out. So now we will find out if the 2 QB system actually prepared us for this situation. I feel a little more confident about Moevao than I have in the past with backup QBs. But I still don't know whether he will turn it over or not. And I have yet to see his mythical "mobility". He looks like he's the same as Canfield except shorter and with a stranger delivery. So who knows.

We need a win against UW pretty bad. Lyle needs to get it done. No excuses!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics