Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm going to my first Civil War at Autzen! Any suggestions?

It's Civil War Week!

This year is extra special for me. Not just because I have a new Beaver Fan who arrive a couple of weeks ago, but because I have tickets to the game! This will be my first football game at Autzen ever. And what a year to go. Ususally in odd years Beaver fans don't have much hope going into the Civil War game when its in Eugene. But this year is different. We are bidding to have our first Civil War winning streak since 1974!

Since it's my first time, I need to know where I can tailgate or drink/eat before the game that is reasonably Beaver friendly. There's no OSU Alumni Tailgator so I'm kind of at a loss. I'll check out Pure Orange as well, but if anyone has any suggestions from parking to pre-game to getting out of Eugene let me know!


As far as the game, I'll be updating with my thoughts. But the weekend couldn't have been much better. The Ducks getting shut out in LA and well, that's it. I really hope Yvenson can play in this game because that would really seal the deal for me.

As of today the weather for Saturday looks like it will be sunny and cold. That would be fine by me.

More as I get time throughout the week!

Go Beavers!

6 comments:

Strayer said...

Here's a suggestion: HAVE FUN!

Jason P said...

Oh yea, its going to be a blast.

BFS Blogger said...

Jason, I will be there as well and it will also be my first game at Autzen in 41 years of going to beaver games.

www.beaverfansite.com

Anonymous said...

We too are heading to our first Civil War at Autzen, with two Ducks as our companions...OK, so we got lucky that they are relatives and it also helped that they had two xtra tickets for us! I'm supposed to be getting some info on a "Neutra" pub to go to before the game...I wouldn't know if there are any Beaver tailgaters out there either?? If anyone knows of them,let us know! GO BEAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan W. Miller said...

Hey Jason, great blog. I've been hitting your site for the past couple of years and have really enjoyed the great pictures and comments. I've just recently graduated from OSU and have been to most home games lately. Also, my dad has gotten me into the last 4 Civil Wars at Autzen. If your looking for good travel tips, try parking around Albertson's on Coburg Rd, anything closer is going to be frustrating. This is the first year I will miss it there in awhile, sucks. I just moved to Alaska. Have fun bro, break that streak!

Jason P said...

Thanks for the kudos and tips!

This is going to be fun!

 
Clicky Web Analytics