Saturday, October 06, 2007

Arizona Game: Post-game thoughts

Blackout is in effect.

The black-out by the students was a bit weird, but hey maybe we needed a change. I like the orange, but if students in black and orange jerseys win, let's stick with it.

* The orange jerseys looked less "bra"-like. Or maybe I'm just getting used to them.

* I love our defense.

* I'm concerned about losing 3/4 of our secondary. Hughes injury didn't look bad, but Lewis' looks like it may be a few weeks.

* Yvenson Bernard was a stud again.

* The O-line was huge, especially in the first half. Run-blocking or pass-blocking, they brought it.

* I'm not sure why Riley left Moevao in so long. He looked like a mistake waiting to happen. Canfield simply looks better now than Lyle does.

* The receivers are having a few issues they're working through. The dropped passes can't happen on the road.

* I never thought I'd see Rodgers get caught by a linebacker. Either that guy was fast, or Rodgers got tired. I'm guessing that all those fake flys got to him and he was hitting the wall a bit. Great game by the little guy though.

* We have to figure out a solution to the second half blues. Maybe a trick play or something.

* Better job by Serna. Hopefully that improvement continues. Arizona's punter sure showed us what we're missing.


On to Cal. We seem to play well there. I just watched Stanford upset USC. Maybe we can make a stop in San Jose to get some of that magic.

Oh, and how does Olsen last through our game getting hit all game, but gets knocked out in the first quarter against Notre Dame. Man, I wish our D could have played against the walk-on with two names from UCLA.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics