Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sammy Stroughter not happy?

Apparently there is more drama in fall camp. And this deals with one of the linch-pins for this coming season, Sammy Stroughter.

First, I ready in today's G-T that Sammy is currently "off-limits" to the media:

Kirkpatrick Blog

Something is going on with Sammie Stroughter, but I don’t know what, yet. OSU officials call it personal issues, but he is expected to be at practice Friday.

However, OSU is putting people around him so no media, no OSU marketing or anyone else can get to him for about a week. The purpose is “to allow him to be an athlete and student.”

I think this shield is going to create more than it stops. Hopefully, Stroughter will be his usual outgoing self and clear this up soon so it doesn’t linger on throughout the season.

- Cliff

Then I read in the comments on Cliff's blog on a different post:
# Tony Says:
August 2nd, 2007 at 5:01 pm

Cliff,

I heard a rumor that Sammy Stroughter who is really good friends with Coye was upset with Riley’s decision and not coming back for his senior. Please tell me he is on campus.

Well, he is clearly in camp, but I don't like the fact that he's not happy. If Tony is right, then perhaps Coye's dismissal wasn't as cut and dry as we think.

Boy, I sure hope the drama dies down a bit as we get going.

I'll be going to the practice today and see how the team looks. My wife attended yesterday's practice and said the team looked good. She mentioned the new TE Reese by name, so he must have done something good. She also overheard the coaches saying the teamwork was starting off good on the first day. Well, that's good news.


Go Beavs!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics