Sunday, June 24, 2007

Beavers Win Back-to-Back National Championships!





I love these guys! They got their dogpile!!!

Dynasty. Three CWS appearances, two national championships. Our third ever championship.

I never thought this would happen 3 weeks ago. But once we beat ASU, all I could think was - win out Beavs!

Last year we played with our backs against the wall the entire series. We played the maximum amount of games a team can play. And our win was seen more as a mistake by UNC than us winning.

This year we barreled through the world series. We played the least amount of games and essntially swept the CWS. We tied for second in consecutive innings leading. And we played major league D, played small ball, and hit for power in every game. Oh, and we pitched better than any team in America.

To hear ESPN call us "the premier college baseball program in America" was awesome.

I can't wait to see Reyes, Wong, Wallace, Lennerton, Hopkins, Lechelt, Grbavac, Keitzman, Wells, and all the guys play next year and lead us yet to another chapter.


I love these guys!


Post-game press:

Beavers Repeat - BaseballAmerica.com

"Oregon State thoroughly dominated this CWS, becoming the first team ever to win four straight World Series games by six runs or more."

Beavers' steady pitching clinches second straight title - AP
"Oregon State became the first team in a decade to repeat as College World Series champion, completing a dominant run through the tournament with a 9-3 victory over North Carolina on Sunday night."

"It's crazy. It's just crazy," Oregon State coach Pat Casey said. "I just felt like we were going to win. There is something in that dugout."

"We realized during that Virginia regional we could do this again," Stutes said. "We started rolling again."

ESPN Video Highlights

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,

Could you do an article telling all these Duck fans to get off the bandwagon and stay off? I am sick of listening to fairweather fans like Lars Larson dry-humping the Beavers. Lars is a Duck fan to the core and I know he hates the Beavers. It is nauseating to hear these guys act like they follow the Beavers. Pick your team and stay with it. If the Ducks ever won a National Championship I would be pissed off, big time. I hate the Ducks and all their stupid bandwagon fans.....(rant over)

Jason P said...

As long as they don't start a baseball program, I don't care what they do.

But I admit, I'm not sure how to feel about Ducks rooting for our team...

 
Clicky Web Analytics