Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's Official: OSU has new branding

We've seen the new "OS" logo on the baseball scoreboard and new uniforms for the baseball and softball teams. However, it appears that the new "OS" branding is going to be used for all sports.

OSU Announces New Brand Identity System - Official Site of Oregon State Athletics

Teams generally change uniforms every few years just to keep current. Especially when Nike provides the Uniforms. But this is probably the most drastic change that OSU has made since the change from happy Benny to evil Benny. I liked THAT change quite a bit.

I'm guessing this means:

* New uniforms for football next year. No clues yet as to what those will look like.

* Hoops will probably get a new look too.

* The football field is getting new endzone text.

* Maybe some changes to the court at Gill?


Is this a ploy to sell more Oregon State gear? Probably. The real question is, do you like it?

Personally, I don't like it yet. I'm not sure what it is. I think it's the lack of a "U". Or just the interlocking OS. I don't know, but I feel like going Simon Cowell on the thing. I like the "Oregon State" and the uniforms I've seen. But I don't really like the OS caps. It will grow on me I'm sure. And hey, what do I know about design.

At least they're keeping Evil Benny. I love that guy.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics