Thursday, March 02, 2006

To all Beaver Hoops fans: read this

Lamar Hurd has written another great article about his struggle to get healthy before his senior season slips away. A great read.

I'm feel bad for Lamar. I truly believe that he was going to breakout this season. OK, he wasn't going to score 20 a game, but his shot looked much better this season and he was just more aggressive offensively than he had ever been. Plus, he made everyone else better and really helped a ton on defense.

Well, it's been a good run Lamar. Thanks for being a great person and a great Beaver. Good luck in the future.

Lamar Hurd - The Barometer - One game before it’s Goodbye to Gill Coliseum

I told him that I want to suit up on Saturday and go through all my team’s pre-game warm-ups and get a chance to get back on the court at least one more time. He said he would definitely start me, but here’s how my minutes will be determined: If before the game I’m moving well enough to play at a high level, then he’ll play me for an extended period of time.

This means that I have to be moving and feeling absolutely great. But his main concern is that I don’t re-injure myself. Therefore, if I am not able to move well enough to play for an extended period of time, he’ll play me for only one minute... literally, one minute. And that one minute could be a bit generous. So it could be for an extremely short time, but I will definitely be able to play on Saturday.
At least we will get to cheer him on the court one last time.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics