Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm glad to see that Jason Fontenet is back

Nice job Jason. Way to suck it up and not give up on your senior season and the team. I'm hoping Jason can provide the leadership that Wes Washington was saying the team needed. If we could get a mini winning streak going it would sure help up come tournament time and going into next season.

The Oregonian - Fontenet's return energizes Beavers

"I want to finish the year strong," Fontenet said. "I'm not known as a quitter. Whatever happens, if I don't play or if I do, I'm going to come out and work hard in practice to get the other guys ready.

{...}

"Energy is an extremely attractive quality, because energy is contagious," John said. "So if people are bringing energy, then there's a decent chance that someone else will jump in with that. It was a good thing to see from Jason."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach John is very disappointing. As a Phoenix resident I was looking forward to seeing the former BBall player of the year have one last game in Phoenix but instead of showcasing a yong man for his last game in front of parents, family and friends, Coach left him in the rain. If nothing else, it was a free trip to get a hug from his mom.

Methinks the coach is a prick.
Noramorse

Jason P said...

I think Coach John is actually a straight shooter. Jason is a senior. If he lets him get away with stuff all those young guys that will be here for the next few years see that and he maybe loses the team a bit. From what I've seen Jay John doesn't play games.

I think a prick is the furthest thing that you could call coach. Sorry you didn't get to see Jason play.

 
Clicky Web Analytics