Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Mike Hass draft prep update from the Tribune

Last week's Tribune had a nice story on Mike Hass and what his is doing in his preparation for the NFL draft.

Portland Tribune - OSU receiver goes south for NFL polish

Hass says he has never run 40 yards for time.
“Not honestly,” he says. “I’ve never gotten into a stance and prepared to do it.”
Can Hass improve his speed?
“I think so,” Hass says, “with technique and being in shape and working out every day. I’ve never learned how to run the 40 or run the cone drills I’ll do at the combine. It can only help.
“A lot of what happens in the draft is about your numbers — your speed, your jumping ability and all that. It means so much. If you don’t do so well, you can drop so far.”

[...]

“The first-round receivers generally have the great speed,” says the scout, who asks to remain unidentified. “What Mike does at the combine and pro days, and how well he plays in the all-star games, will impact that. I would think if he runs 4.5, it will up his ante. If he runs 4.65, it’s going to hurt him. If he runs well and interviews well at the combine, if he plays well in the East-West Game (on Jan. 21), his stock can rise.”

[...]

“I feel good about my (NFL) chances, in part because of my coaches at Oregon State (Dennis Erickson and Mike Riley),” Hass says. “They were both head coaches in the NFL. I learned so much from those two guys. It’s been monumental to my career. I’ll take everything they taught me to the next level.”

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics