Thursday, December 29, 2005

Some new articles about the OSU baseball

Baseball season isn't here yet, but the buzz around the upcoming season is already starting. I'll mix in some baseball articles as things get closer, but here are a couple of articles to wet your whistle.

First, an article about Tyler Graham and Bobby Pfennigs, an OSU wrestler, from their hometown newspaper.

Great Falls Tribune - CMR graduates find success at Oregon State

Last spring, Graham became the only Great Falls native ever to play in the College World Series. A 14th-round draft choice of the Chicago Cubs, Graham might also be the only Electric City ballplayer to ever turn down a pro contract.

"The Cubs offered a great deal, but I thought coming back I could have a lot better year," said Graham, who hit .307 with 24 RBIs and 21 stolen bases last year at Oregon State. He played leftfield and batted second, but will move to centerfield and hit leadoff this season.

"I know what I have to do to get drafted in a higher round, and I plan to do it," said Graham, who worked out all summer on his strength and speed. "I've put in a lot of hard work already and I'm going to continue to do it."

And the Beavs are ranked #3 in the first preseason poll!

CSTV.com - Preseason Collegiate Baseball Division I Poll

1 Texas          56-16 496 1
2 Florida        48-23 492 2
3 Oregon State   46-12 490 7
4 Nebraska       57-15 489 6
5 Rice           45-19 487 16

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics