Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Latest Beaver Recruits

Two new signings over the last week or so. Some much needed DE help and another good looking LB to get in the pipeline. Marquez Herrod looks especially good on the d-line. I think he could be very special here at OSU.


Keaton Kristick

Scout.com - Keaton Kristick

Article on Kristick
Tucson Citizen - Football Playoffs: 'Huge' drive lifts Lancers to win

...
A 3-yard TD run by Eafon with 1:13 left in the third quarter had given the Lancers a 10-7 lead, but St. Mary's took the kickoff at its own 31 and burned eight minutes on a 17-play drive behind the bruising running of Kristick, a 6-foot-3, 225-yard fullback.
...
"I have a lot of trust in my coach, and whatever decision he mades, I approve of that," Kristick said. "I really respect coach Farrell."

Marquez Herrod

Scout.com profile - Marquez Herrod

North County Times - San Pasqual's Herrod commits to Oregon State
"He cares about graduation rates. He wants his players to get their degrees. He promised to take care of me, make me part of the Oregon State family, and I need that."
...
Herrod said the promise of playing time his freshman season also had a lot to do with his choice.

"They need defensive ends," Herrod said. "They told me that because of the numbers, I'll get a chance to play defense as a freshman, and if not, then certainly special teams.
...
"they're a young team, a team that's building for the future. So there are opportunities for young players. I really feel I'm getting in on something good."
Another couple of nice articles on Marquez:

North County Times - Once down and out, foster child Herrod is making a name and a future for himself at San Pasqual

UNION-TRIBUNE - Football helps Herrod leave past behind

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics