Wednesday, October 19, 2005

BlogPoll Week 8

Here's my opinion on the top 25 for the college football BlogPoll. There are a few top teams I expect to lose as the season goes on. Right now I'm not drinking the Alabama, UCLA, LSU, or Florida State kool-aid quite yet. I don't believe they are as good as they seem to be right now. And there are quite a few schools in the middle of the poll that seem a little high perhaps (Ohio State, Michigan State, Oregon), but I don't know who I would put above them so they get to stay where they are. A few teams that I left out like Michigan and Arizona State feel like top 25 teams so they could easily get back into my poll with a strong showing next week. But honestly, all that matters are those top 5.

1. Southern Cal
2. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Georgia
5. Miami (Florida)
6. Louisiana State
7. Alabama
8. Texas Tech
9. Florida State
10. UCLA
11. Notre Dame
12. Boston College
13. Ohio State
14. Penn State
15. Wisconsin
16. Oregon
17. Michigan State
18. Auburn
19. Tennessee
20. West Virginia
21. Florida
22. Minnesota
23. Fresno State
24. TCU
25. Cal

Others I'm paying attention to:

Nebraska
Oregon State
Arizona State
Colorado
Iowa
Michigan
Georgia Tech
Northwestern

1 comment:

BarkBoard.com said...

Cal over Oregon State? They both have two losses, and OSU won the head to head. Who has Cal beat?

OSU should have replaced Cal on your ballot, actually Arizona State is a better than both despite the 3 losses.

I give the Beavers a good shot to pull out the upset over the Bruins.

UCLA is ripe for an upset, if OSU fails, Stanford or Arizona State will pull it out against the Bruins.

 
Clicky Web Analytics