Monday, October 17, 2005

Another Great Weekend of College Football

Thanks to the rain I had an excuse to watch quite a bit of college football yesterday. Great weekend again. I just wish I could have seen a couple more games that weren’t televised in my area. Especially the Michigan game. The only problem with the USC at ND game was that it was televised during the Beaver game. At least the Beaver game did get over just in time to see the whole final game winning drive by USC.

Southern Cal at Notre Dame
Seriously, how good is Matt Lienart. To call that audible on 4th and 9, then to decide to go for it to win the game. Can you say clutch? This was probably one of the best college games in the last few years and maybe one of the best finishes ever. Of course it would have to compete with two other amazing finishes last weekend in Wisconsin at Minnesota and Penn St. at Michigan. Due to the OSU game, I didn’t get to watch much more than the end of this game, but every time I flipped over to the game it seemed like Notre Dame had the ball. I still wonder what ND was doing to stop the USC offense. Anyone?

Wisconsin at Minnesota
I felt sorry for Minnesota in this game. I felt that Minnesota should’ve won that game. That punter should’ve run into the end zone and taken a safety. Then they are still up by one point and can let their D try to stop the Badgers. That one play nullified the amazing rushing game of Mulroney and the other guy (can’t remember his name) who were both running all over the Badger defense. BTW, what happened to the Wisconsin defense? Weren’t they really awesome last year on D? Great game none the less.

Alabama at Ole Miss
Does Prothro mean that much to the Bama offense? I didn’t get to see all of this game, but what saw didn’t show much in Alabama’s favor. They seemed pretty anemic on offense. Maybe I’m spoiled with the Pac-10, but does it seem like the QBs around the rest of the country look really bad? Bama’s QB looked average at best to me.

UCLA at WSU
Ouch. Wazzu played so well in the first three quarters of the game. I feel bad for Coug fans. Two home losses and two losses where the other team came back from major deficits. This year’s team is just struggling. It’s like they don’t know how to win. UCLA next weekend for the Beavs. Hopefully, this game makes them a bit overconfident.


Now I get to sort all of this out and try to come up with some semblance of order for the BlogPoll.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics