Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The fall-out from the Beavs Off-season of turmoil

Ever wonder what the guys who we're involved with the in-season and off-season incidents are thinking these days? Here's a follow-up article from the Register-Guard that talks to AWB, Rudolph, and others about their state of mind going into the season.

The Register-Guard :: OSU's bad boys change their ways

I like this quote from Joe:

"'I'd always been on the edge before,' said Rudulph, who has a scuffle-filled practice history with the Beavers. 'Now, when something bad happens, I just let it go. I've changed my demeanor. I think before I act.' "

Seems like this experience has changed him and possibly made him a better person in the long run.

Some of the other guys seem to harp on the fact that Corvallis is a small town. As if that's any excuse. However, they do seem to all have grown up a bit.

Seems that Riley is really a great guy. Jimtavis Walker's quote from the article is good:

"He stood by us throughout the ordeal. He would talk to us man-to-man. I was honest with him from day one and he was there to support me 100 percent."

That's really cool. I think that will only help his recruiting in the long run.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics