Monday, August 15, 2005

Beavers practices open to public

The Gazette-Times has an interesting article about the Beavers fall practice and how it has been kept open to the public. I personally love the fact that the practice is open. Plus, I think it lets the fans get to know the players better and makes them more passionate about the team. I don't think there is much of a downside unless all of the Pac-10 schools start sending secret scouts/spys to scout the Beavers as an upcoming opponent. That won't happen because game film is a much better indicator of what the team can and cannot do.

I was just up at UW and wanted to check out Husky stadium. Well, there's a huge plastic trap wall around the practice field and the stadium to keep prying eyes away from the team. It felt weird. When you're 1-10 you probably have bigger problems than a few plays getting stolen in pre-season. How about selling tickets? One way to get the fans excited might be to open up practice and let them see the team develop. Just a thought.

Speaking of practice, I think I'll go tomorrow and take a few pictures of the team in action.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics