Sunday, August 13, 2006

Average first scrimmage

Wasn't able to go, but I'm trying to read a bit between the lines. Some things that stand out from what I've read / seen so far:

* Shane Morales is going to play this season. I was impressed when I saw him last weekend and after the 4 catches for 65 yards in the scrimmage the QBs seem to like him and he gets open. This is hug news considering the loss of Love and possibly Crosby for some or all of the season.

* Sammie Stroughter and Anthony Wheat-Brown look like they're ready to make an impact this season. However, I'd like to see Wheat-Brown catch a few more balls.

* 7-10, 105 yards. That's a great line for Matt Moore. The key stat? 0 ints.

* Patrick Fuller is making a strong bid for playing time with a pretty consistent 10 rushes, 38 yards. If he can hold on to the ball and catch more consistently he may be looking at some backup PT.

* The defense wasn't mentioned that much in any of the articles I read. Hope that's not a bad sign.

* No personal fould, fights, or mention of bad penalties. That could be good.

* I really hope the Joe Rudolph story ends well. On the field problems are better than off the field problems.

Offense Scores 24 Points in First Scrimmage - Official Site of Oregon State Athletics

Corvallis GT - Rudulph suspension dominates OSU scrimmage day

The Oregonian - Volatile Rudulph lands in hot water

Interesting how the two main stories on the scrimmage are about Rudolph. Must have been a pretty boring scrimmage.

No practice today (bummer) I may have to try to catch one next week so I can see how people have progessed from the first weekend.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics